Spider Halloween Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Cute, festive, and just a little creepy, a spider Halloween grilled cheese sandwich will have your kids giggling and grinning.
You guys know I don’t do fussy food. I’m not spending hours piping elaborate designs on cookies and cakes. I’m not cooking recipes that require 12 pans to complete one entree. I’m not sharing about how I make my kids’ sandwiches into complicated shapes based on holidays, seasons or events.
However, this fun spider Halloween grilled cheese takes literally 10 seconds longer to make than a normal grilled cheese sandwich.
Lazy Resourceful moms unite — we got this.
If you’re feeling like the cool mom on the block after you make these fun grilled cheese sandwiches, you might also be interested in my pumpkin bar edible mummies. They’re basically pumpkin bars, but instead of spreading the frosting on with a knife, you just zig-zag it across with a piping bag. You’re instantly in the running for mom of the year and it was no sweat off your back.
The only extra work required for this spider grilled cheese sandwich is this:
- Cutting it in a circle — I use a large biscuit cutter for this.
- Sticking pretzels in — 8, because spiders have 8 legs!
- Putting eyes on – I use the reddest dried cranberries I could find, but you could also use raisins or olive slices.
My kids absolutely adore this Halloween grilled cheese and I know yours will too!
If you’re looking for a more traditional grilled cheese sandwich, try Air Fryer Grilled Cheese sandwiches. They are out-of-this-world crispy and delicious.
PS: If you love the idea of these grilled cheese sandwiches, you’ll probably also love these recipes from Rachel Cooks’ partner, Milk Means More:
PPS: If you’re hosting a Halloween party, or just want to scare up some great Halloween treats for your family, get inspired by 60+ Halloween Recipes (Sweets, Snacks, Dinners, Drinks, and More). For a sweet treat, try this Halloween Popcorn Pops Recipe.
Stuck with a lot of leftover Halloween candy? Looking for a creative way to use those leftovers? Check out these ideas, 30+ Uses for Leftover Halloween Candy. You’ll be glad you did!
- 1-2 tablespoons spreadable or softened butter
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- sliced cheese
- 8 stick pretzels
- 2 dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place bread butter side down on pan and top with cheese. Top with other slice of bread so the butter is face up. (Y'all probably know how to make a grilled cheese...right?)
- Cook until golden brown on the first side (2-3 minutes), flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about another 2 minutes. Voila, grilled cheese!
- Place on cutting board or place and use a large biscuit cutter to cut into a circle. Snack on the edges that you cut off! Stick pretzels in the edges to look like legs, and place dried cranberries on to look like eyes. Serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 917mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietician. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.