Filling, satisfying, and flavorful. This lentil salad recipe with feta, lemon, and parsley is perfect for meal prep days and stores well in the fridge for healthy eating all week.
I’m sure it’s no secret by this point that I’m a major fan of salads that can withstand the test of time in the fridge. At least for 3-4 days. I love prepping them on the weekends or whenever I get a chance and then I have no excuses when it comes to lunch time. If I have a healthy (and delicious) salad waiting for me in the fridge, I’m much less likely to fall off the wagon and….oh….I don’t know, melt some cheese on chips? Or just eat popcorn with tons of butter, you know, my usual.
I think it’s also no secret that I’m trying to lose a little weight, similar to most ladies out there, I’m sure. Good news, I’ve lost 9 pounds so far….hooray! I think seeing the number on the scale gradually (verrrrry gradually) go down is great motivation to keep at it.
Funny side note – as I typed that last line while sitting at a table in the library, my stomach let out a loud growl. Ha. It probably wants popcorn. Or maybe it’s digesting the popcorn I had last night while watching The Bachelor.
About this lentil salad recipe
Anyways, stomach growling aside, this salad is a great one to keep in the fridge. The lentils become more flavorful the longer they sit in the homemade honey, lemon, and dijon dressing, and it’s a filling and satisfying lunch on even the busiest of days.
…and my stomach just growled again. I’m supposed to be here for two more hours. Should’ve brought snacks.
Used in this recipe:
- Green Lentils
- dijon mustard
- olive oil
- large mixing bowl
- pretty bowl for serving (I used a Le Creuset Fruit Bowl)
Loving this lentil salad recipe?
You might also like these good-for-you recipes for salads, soups, and main dishes. I know I do!
- Farro Salad with Butternut Squash, Bacon, Feta, and Kale
- One Pan Quinoa with Ground Turkey, Mushrooms, and Kale
- Quinoa and Wheat Berry Salad (with kale!)
- Crunchy Kale Salad with Popcorn Shrimp
- Kale Salad with Orange, Pomegranate and Pine Nuts
- Lentil Salad with Grapes and Feta
- Vegan Bolognese with Lentils and Quinoa
- Red Lentil Soup
- 1 3/4 cups green (french) lentils, rinsed and any debris removed
- juice of one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 english cucumber, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add lentils, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a rapid simmer. Cook for 25 minutes or until tender. Don't overcook. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While the lentils cool, in a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, and honey. On top of dressing, add cucumber, feta, parsley and cooled lentils. Stir ingredients to combine and coat with dressing.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy immediately or keep covered in fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 307mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
Husband’s take: Honestly, I think he always gets a little nervous when I pull lentils out of the pantry. But he loved this salad just as much as I did. Maybe more. Probably not though.
Changes I would make: None are necessary, but as always, feel free to make changes based on what you have in the house. I think this salad would be great with some sliced grapes or some fresh bell peppers.