Kick your cranberry sauce game up a notch with this flavorful orange cranberry sauce with cardamom! People will be asking what your secret ingredient is.
This is the year of the cranberry sauce. At least on Rachel Cooks. Just go with it. It could be because Costco sells fresh cranberries. I may or may not have bought a lot. So that’s why we had the apple cinnamon cranberry sauce and now this classy orange cranberry sauce with cardamom. Cardamom makes everything instantly classy – didn’t you know? For example, my rhubarb cardamom shortbread bars – classy. It’s such a warm, flavorful spice. Cinnamon gets overused, cardamom gets neglected. Do us all a favor – don’t neglect cardamom.
Also – can we all agree that if for nothing else, we need to make cranberry sauce for the leftovers? Your dry turkey sandwich is calling for cranberry sauce. It looks beautiful, but it tastes even more beautiful. Beee-uuuu-teeee-fullll.
So now you have two choices, apple cinnamon cranberry sauce or this orange cranberry sauce with cardamom. Which will you choose?
While you’re thinking over cranberry options…
Make sure to check out some other Thanksgiving recipes:
- 20 Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Recipes
- 5 Ingredient Maple Dijon Ham
- Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Stuffing Recipe
- Two Ingredient Cranberry Salsa
- Green Bean Casserole (No Canned Soup!)
- Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
- Turkey Tenders with Cranberry Barbecue Dipping Sauce
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with Marshmallow Topping
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples and Cranberries
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut Squash Mash with Smoked Paprika
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Bake
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, washed and drained
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot (choose an extra big one to prevent yourself from being a splatter-victim).
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir frequently and simmer for 15 minute or until cranberries are soft and sauce is thickened.
- Cool before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 0g
Husband’s take: He’s not a huge fan of anything cranberry. His loss!
Changes I would make: None are necessary.