Don’t settle for cranberry sauce from a can – this flavorful cinnamon apple cranberry sauce is super simple to make and can even be made a day or two in advance!
I cannot, cannot, cannot believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner. It’s a little ridiculous, really. I mean, how is that even possible? Pretty soon it’s going to be summer again and then it will be fall again and I’ll be right back to whining about summer going too quickly.
What I meant to say is that I’ll be savoring every moment. And making cranberry sauce in July so I can share recipes with you guys.
Growing up, cranberry sauce was never my favorite thing on the table at Thanksgiving. It still doesn’t trump stuffing (obviously), but now I really love its tart flavor alongside all the other rich, savory dishes. This cinnamon apple cranberry sauce is complex and is the perfect thing to spoon over roasted turkey.
Also, am I the only one who didn’t realize how ridiculously easy cranberry sauce is to make? All you do is throw everything together in a pan and cook it down until it is nice and thick. Watch out for splatters and stir often and you’re all set.
PS: How cute is my assistant?
Looking for more Thanksgiving recipes?
These recipes would be great for Christmas dinner, too.
- 20 Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Recipes
- 5 Ingredient Maple Dijon Ham
- Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Stuffing Recipe
- Two Ingredient Cranberry Salsa
- Green Bean Casserole (no canned soup!)
- Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
- Turkey Tenders with Cranberry Barbecue Dipping Sauce
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with Marshmallow Topping
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples and Cranberries
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut Squash Mash with Smoked Paprika
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Bake
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 6mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 21g Protein: 0g
Husband’s take: I’ll be honest, after taste testing, this went into the freezer for Thanksgiving. So I’ll let you know soon!
Changes I would make: None are necessary. If you prefer cranberry sauce with orange instead of apple, try my orange cranberry sauce with cardamom.