Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
Rich brownies topped with peanut butter cups and easy peanut butter fudge – these 5 ingredient peanut butter fudge brownies are a decadent and easy treat.
Do we have any peanut butter and chocolate fans in the house? Or should I say, do we have anyone that isn’t? I don’t even know what to say about this recipe – the photo speaks for itself, does it not?
I’ll start by telling you where the recipe came from!
It’s from Shawn Syphus’ new book, Express Lane Cooking! Shawn is a blogging colleague – she writes the fabulous blog I Wash…You Dry. The concept behind this book is just genius. Shawn gives you 80 recipes, all with photos, all made with 5 ingredients (plus pantry staples). But here’s the best part – you buy five ingredients from the store and you can make three different recipes with those five ingredients. Such a great way to reduce waste, shrink your grocery bill, and take the stress out of meal planning!
Here’s an example – buy these five ingredients at the store:
- chicken thighs
- orange marmalade
- red bell peppers
- soy sauce
- red onion
And then you can make these three recipes out of Shawn’s book:
- Broiled Asian Chicken Thighs with Red Pepper Slaw
- Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
- Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
Isn’t that such a smart concept? She also includes 5 dessert recipes – one of which gives you these rich peanut butter fudge brownies.
There are three layers of deliciousness in these peanut butter fudge brownies. The bottom layer is made with a box mix brownie base. You could substitute with your fave homemade recipe, but as you know, I pledge allegiance to Ghirardelli brownies. So that’s what I use! Obviously.
On top of the brownies, you add the next layer: chopped peanut butter cups. The final layer is a simple homemade fudge, made with only three ingredients: peanut butter morsels, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract.
Simple and delicious – my favorite things, as you know. These brownies are super sweet so they are definitely for those of you with a big sweet tooth. I shared most of these with my neighbors – they approved!
Craving more chocolate and peanut butter? Try:
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box brownie mix – and ingredients needed to prepare
- 2 cups chocolate peanut butter cups, such as Reese’s, halved
- 2 cups peanut butter morsels (see note)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare your brownies according the package instructions in an 8″ x 8″ pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Leave them in the pan and let them cool completely.
- Top the brownies with the halved chocolate peanut butter cups, and then prepare the simple peanut butter fudge.
- Bring a small pot filled with 2 inches of water to a boil on the stovetop. Find a metal or glass bowl that can easily rest on top of the pot without touching the water. Add the peanut butter morsels, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to the bowl. Stir the mixture over the boiling water until it becomes smooth. Pour the peanut butter fudge over the top of the brownies in an even layer. Let the fudge cool for at least 2 to 3 hours before slicing.
- You can find peanut butter morsels in the baking ingredients aisle next to chocolate chips at your grocery store.
- Allow enough time for brownies to cool before adding the next layers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 329mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 18g Protein: 15g
Husband’s take: He loves these peanut butter fudge brownies too!
Changes I would make: None are necessary.
Difficulty: Easy! Make sure to give yourself plenty of time for each layer to cool.
Disclosure: I was sent a free copy of the book to review and cook from. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.