Zucchini Noodle Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Dressing
This zucchini noodle salad is flavorful and unique — and super simple to make thanks to a dressing made mostly of hummus!
Huhhh…. hummm…. hummus. HUH?
I just heard through the grapevine that there are people who do not know what hummus is. Whaaaat?
Well, I’m here to help. I’ve teamed up with Sabra to celebrate National Hummus Day. It’s today – May 21st! If you’re reading this on May 22nd, no worries! Make sure to mark your calendar for May 21st, 2016.
If you don’t know what hummus is, you’re probably new around here because I have quite a few hummus recipes on this little piece of internet-land. (PS: Meet Hummus, wiki-style. Educate yourself and then feed yourself.)
This salad is super easy to make and unbelievably flavorful thanks to Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (my fave flavor!). To make the dressing, simply mix the hummus with red wine vinegar. So so easy!
Make this zucchini noodle salad your own:
You can really add any vegetables to this zucchini noodle salad that you like. I like to enhance the roasted red pepper flavor with some fresh red bell peppers. I also add radishes for crunch and tomatoes for juicy bites of freshness.
Try adding finely chopped broccoli or cauliflower. Chopped green peppers, sliced red onion, or shredded carrots would be delicious.
Add cheese. Fresh mozzarella would be great, or a sprinkle of feta. Or add canned beans such as cannellini or garbanzo to up the protein. Chopped pepperoni would be tasty, too.
Try experimenting with different flavors of hummus to make this a completely new creation. I’m thinking basil pesto hummus with some fresh basil, mozzarella, and tomatoes! How tasty would that be?
Loving your spiralizer?
It’s so much fun to make zoodles and other veggie noodles! Try these delicious recipes:
- Zucchini noodle salad with beans, feta, and lemon
- Pizza zucchini noodles with mushrooms and pepperoni
- Turkey Bolognese with zucchini noodles
- Zucchini noodles mason jar salad with farro and mozzarella
- How to make sweet potato noodles
- Turkey soup with zucchini noodles
- Shrimp Alfredo with carrot noodles
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or cut into thin strips
- 1/3 red bell pepper, chopped (about half cup chopped)
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together spiralized zucchini, red bell pepper, radishes, and grape tomatoes.
- In a small measuring cup, mix together hummus, red wine vinegar. Pour over salad and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 of 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Husband’s take: Umm…I don’t think he has had the pleasure of trying this. I guess I’m a hummus piggy.
Changes I would make: None are necessary but you all know I’m dreaming of basil!
**Disclosure: I am thrilled to be a Sabra Tastemaker. I have been compensated by Sabra for my time. All opinions are as always, my own. Find out more about Sabra on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.