Clementine Smoothie with Vanilla
I think I’m fully and completely in summer mode. I haven’t quite gotten Michigan on board with this whole idea yet, buuuut I’m working on it. A little bird (aka my neighbor who checks the weather religiously) told me that tomorrow is supposed to be warm.
To help us make our way through the muddle of the never-ending Michigan winter, we’ll bridge the gap with this pretty pale orange smoothie. It is bright and sunshiny to remind us that warmer days are ahead. But, it makes use of the clementines we’ve been eating all winter long.
I know you have a crate sitting on your counter.
This smoothie uses three of those bright orange flavorful clementines. And then, of course, lots of great vanilla flavor. You already know that vanilla and orange (or clementine) combination is one of my favorites. I’m going for the orange creamsicle flavor here.
Need proof that I’m obsessed?
- Orange Creamsicle Popcorn
- Orange Creamsicle Cookie Bars
- Orange Creamsicle Magic Shell
- Clementine Vanilla Bean Yogurt Cake
- Orange Creamsicle Buttercream
And now something you can sip on!
Looking for more refreshing beverages? Try:
- Raspberry Mango Coconut Water Smoothie
- Carrot Orange and Ginger Juice (no juicer required!)
- Creamy Mango Smoothie, Strawberry Watermelon Slushie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Milkshake
- Blood Orange Mango Smoothie from Fabtastic Eats
- If you’re still looking for more, I compiled a list of FIFTY juice and smoothie recipes.
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 10-12 ice cubes (more to achieve desired thickness)
- 3 clementines, peeled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Add more ice if you like it thicker and blend again until smooth.
- Serve immediately with a straw.
- If you don’t have/can’t find vanilla bean paste, you can substitute vanilla extract or the pulp of a vanilla bean.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 smoothie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 67mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 24g Protein: 13g
Husband’s take: I’m not sure he’s tried this yet! Sorry babe.
Changes I would make: None.
Difficulty: So easy.