Nerds Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Nerds Rice Krispie Treats. Because everything is better with Nerds.
In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, sometimes an event pops up where you might need to bring a sweet treat. But that doesn’t mean you necessarily would have time to bake one. That’s where no-bake treats come in! And this recipe might not be exactly Christmasy (in other words, it’s not peppermint) but it is very festive!
It’d be pretty perfect for a rainbow birthday party too, now that I think about it. But given my love affair with Nerds, I’m pretty sure Nerds rice krispie treats would be perfect for any event and any season.
And they couldn’t be easier to make. Just like a tradition Rice Krispie Treat, they start with butter and marshmallows. Mix ’em together over medium heat until they are melted. Then you coat the Nerds and Rice Krispies cereal with your marshmallow mixture. Press (gently!) into a prepared pan. DONE. That’s it! I wanted to draw attention to gently pressing the mixture into your prepared pan. This is important. Have you ever had a rice krispie treat that you can barely bite through? Tough, hard, and basically icky? That’s because whoever made them pressed them to death and smashed them into the pan. You want them to remain light and airy so that biting into them doesn’t make your mouth, teeth and gums hurt.
Aren’t they pretty?
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 ounces Nerds (two 5-ounce packages)
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a very large and deep pan, mix together marshmallows and butter over medium heat. Stir frequently until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies cereal and Nerds candy until completely coated.
- Spread into prepared pan. Spray one hand with nonstick cooking spray and use that hand to gently press the mixture into an even layer. Do not press too hard.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars and storing in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 106mg Carbohydrates: 46g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 28g Protein: 1g
Husband’s take: He ate more than a few of these.
Changes I would make: None!
Difficulty: Super easy.
PS: I just found this on Amazon. Whhhhhaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!!?
For the record, Nerds has no idea I’m creating these recipes nor do they know I’m obsessed with their candy. And they’re definitely not paying me.