You’ll love the sophisticated simplicity of these tasty mini trifles — the rich chocolate brownies are balanced perfectly by fresh, ripe raspberries and lightly sweetened freshly whipped cream.
C’mon now. Brownies, raspberries, freshly whipped cream. Heavenly. This is dessert perfection in my mind.
Begin with freshly baked (but cooled) brownies. I would love to say that mine are homemade but they aren’t.
They are Ghirardelli. Okay, you know what? I’m not ashamed, they are SUCH good boxed brownies. I sometimes make them for guests and everyone raves about them and asks me for the recipe.
I say, “Sorry, super top-secret.”
No, not really. What I really say is, “Oh my gosh, aren’t they amazing? They’re Ghirardelli!!!”
Because most times I can’t lie even if I try. Plus I like to share the love. Anyways, this post isn’t sponsored by Ghirardelli so I’ll move on.
The ultra rich, chocolatey brownies are balanced perfectly by the other ingredients in these mini trifles.
Fresh raspberries are the perfect companion to deep dark chocolate. And to moisten things up a bit, I smashed a bunch of raspberries for a super simple sauce.
And then the crowning jewel of these mini trifles: freshly whipped cream. Leave the Cool Whip in the fridge — we need the real stuff in this situation.
For perfect whipped cream, make sure you have a super cold bowl and super cold beaters. Beat the heavy cream until it is light and fluffy — and add just a bit of sugar. I like mine just barely sweetened because the rich brownies provide most of the sweetness. If you prefer things on the sweeter side, feel free to add a touch more sugar to the whipped cream until it tastes just the way you want it.
And might I add — aren’t these pretty little desserts?
Looking for more quick and easy desserts? I have you covered.
- Easy Grapefruit Cheesecake Bars with Mint
- Lemon Pudding (homemade, with only 3 ingredients!)
- Ice Cream Terrine with Roasted Strawberries (sounds fancy, but it’s easy!)
- Fruit Salad Parfaits with Shortbread Crumble
- Chocolate Tart (no bake)
- Mini Patriotic Fruit Tarts
- No Bake Lemon Berry Cheesecakes
- Berry Mint Granita (with rum!)
- one 8×8 inch pan of brownies, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Place 1 cup of the fresh raspberries in a fine mesh strainer placed over a bowl. Using a spoon, press the berries through the strainer so that the seeds remain in the mesh strainer. Discard seeds and set aside the pulp/juice.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the cream and sugar together on medium to high speed until soft peaks form — about 6 minutes.
- In a large trifle dish or individual dessert dishes, layer pieces of the brownie, then add whipped cream, and then raspberries. Repeat until all the brownies, whipped cream and raspberries are used up. Then drizzle with reserved raspberry sauce and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 of 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 20mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 7g Protein: 2g