A new use for your favorite childhood candy, this Nerds milkshake is fruity, sweet, and so much fun. It’s going to take you back to the good ol’ days!
I have such fond memories growing up of going to church softball games and watching my dad play in the church league. It was a great opportunity to spend time with my friends, and clearly the best part about these evenings was heading to the concession stand and getting some fun treats. One of my childhood favorites were Nerds and to this day, they bring back such fun memories.
Milkshakes. Ice cream you can drink. Pretty special stuff. Ice cream + Nerds + whipped cream? Now we’re really talking.
You know what might be the VERY best thing about milkshakes? They take about all of two seconds to whip up. A great treat in less than 5 minutes? Count me in.
This milkshake is versatile, too — throw in whatever kind of Nerds you love. My grocery store happens to carry packages with a mixture of grape and strawberry and they make an absolutely delicious and flavorful milkshake.
Plus, fun colors. E’s favorite colors – purple and pink. But what 3 year old girl doesn’t love purple and pink? So clearly a pink and purple Nerds milkshake is a winner!
Craving more milkshakes?
Drinkable ice cream? Yes! Here’s a few more ideas for you:
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream (or 1 heaping cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- one 1.65 ounce package strawberry & grape Nerds candy, extra if desired for garnish
- whipped cream for topping, if desired
In a blender, combine ice cream, milk, and Nerds candy. Blend until smooth. Garnish with whipped cream and additional Nerds candy, if desired.
- Add more ice cream for a thicker milkshake and more milk for a thinner milkshake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 12 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 609 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 230mg Carbohydrates: 84g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 64g Protein: 12g
Husband’s take: He likes this too, but probably still prefers chocolate.
Changes I would make: None at all are necessary.
Difficulty: So easy!
If you’re looking for more milkshakes, make sure to check out the rest of #MilkshakeWeek!
- The Michelangelo Milkshake from Love & Olive Oil
- Cappuccino Milkshake from The Little Kitchen
- Berries & Cream Milkshake from My Baking Addiction
- Birthday Cake Milkshake from Cookies and Cups
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie from Warm Vanilla Sugar
- Mocha Malt Shakes from Bluebonnets & Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Milkshake from Dairy Good Life
- Key Lime Pie Milkshakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Peanut Butter Cup Banana Milkshake Recipe from Reluctant Entertainer