Crunchy Kale Salad Recipe with Popcorn Shrimp
This crunchy kale salad recipe is light and refreshing, crispy and fresh. Topped with popcorn shrimp, it’s the perfect summer meal.
Summer time. The perfect time for easy, refreshing meals.
Hot weather — calls for cool food.
Gorgeous sunny days. You don’t want to spend the whole day slaving away in the kitchen.
I feel like I’m committing some kind of mom-crime if I don’t have the kids outside as much as possible and for as long as possible every day. It is such a shame to be inside with the sun is shining. We’re in a second story condo so we don’t have a formal yard but we make the most of the space we have.
Lots of long walks, lots of sidewalk chalk, lots of parks. I can’t sit on my deck and work on my laptop while the kids play outside. I’m there playing with them and interacting…you know, making sure they don’t run out into the street.
So all that leaves less time for making dinner. That’s where quick and easy meals like this one come in.
Meanwhile we are putting in offers on houses with fabulous yards. But yard or not yard, I’ll still be enjoying lots of time outside playing with my kids.
This salad has quickly become a favorite of ours. Full of crunch and freshness, with plenty of kale to up the nutritional factor. If you typically turn your nose up at kale salads (my husband can’t really handle the amount of kale in kale salads), this is the kale salad recipe for you.
Blended with cabbage, carrots, and cilantro, it’s the perfect kale balance for any palate. I dress it with a light and refreshing dressing made with fresh lime juice, honey, light olive oil and fresh ginger.
I teamed up with SeaPak Shrimp & Seafood Co. to bring you this kale salad recipe with popcorn shrimp. I love that you can bake this shrimp for a healthier preparation or you can fry it up for a more traditional take. Either way would be fantastic on top of this salad.
Popcorn shrimp is the perfect protein to add to this kale salad because it is super easy to grab out of the freezer and cook. It goes great with the fresh flavors of this salad.
Looking for more shrimp recipes?
- Grilled Shrimp Kabobs with Pineapple
- Shrimp Salad with Mango and Avocado
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Shrimp Tacos with Avocado, Mango and Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Garlic Parmesan Italian Vinaigrette
- Healthy Shrimp Alfredo with Carrot Noodles
- Skinny Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage)
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 12-ounce package SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp
- In a large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients with a whisk or fork. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add kale, coleslaw mix, sliced radishes, cilantro leaves and toss until all ingredients are coated with dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook shrimp according to package directions as desired (I like to bake mine). Top salad with popcorn shrimp immediately prior to serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 1197mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 28g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Thanks for reading! As always, if you love this recipe, make sure to subscribe to my newsletter so you’ll never miss a recipe, or you can always find me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Disclosure: SeaPak compensated me for my time to create this recipe. All opinions are my own, as always.