This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
A fun twist on the traditional sandwich, this Manwich Pizza will have the whole family smiling.
If you’ve been a reader of Rachel Cooks for any time now, you’ll know that I’m a huge fan of quick and easy dinners. And lunches, and breakfasts. And desserts. I also love things that you can transform into a number of different meals so dinner time never gets boring.
That’s how I knew to say yes when Manwich asked me to partner with them on this project. Because Manwich doesn’t just have to be sandwiches. Although those are always fantastic, especially when feeding a crowd and kids. Manwich has “kid stopping power.” Kids are like a whirlwind…never stopping…sometimes not even to eat. Manwich loves that problem, and the kids will love the fun bibs included in this giveaway.
I made this cheesy pizza using ground turkey, Manwich, some veggies and a great whole wheat crust. Everyone in my family loved it. I can think of a thousand other uses for Manwich. Tacos, chilis, pastas! Enchiladas? I’m getting hungry just thinking about all of the options. If you’re still craving more ideas, check out Manwich Recipes on their website.
This Manwich pizza is a fun and healthy alternative to the traditional sloppy sandwich. Your whole family will love it!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- one 15 ounce can of original Manwich
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large frying pan or saucepan over medium high heat, heat oil. Saute green bell pepper, onion, and turkey in oil, breaking up turkey, until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are softened.
- Meanwhile, spread out pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet. (Mine was a rectangle, about 10 inches by 13 inches). Bake the crust for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and top with Manwich mixture. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 8-10 minutes more or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley and serve
Verdict: The whole family loved this fun pizza. Great left over too.
Changes I would make: None.