Chicken with Blueberry Chipotle Sauce Recipe
This chicken has a unique blueberry chipotle sauce that is the perfect blend of spicy and sweet.
This post is sponsored by Just BARE Chicken®. All opinions are my own.
I’m super excited to introduce you all to Just BARE Chicken®. My family eats a ton of chicken and it is definitely one of my favorite proteins to work with. It’s so versatile and I love that you can create just about anything with it by adding different flavors, including this great blueberry chipotle sauce.
Just BARE Chicken® in particular has a ton of great things going for them.
Their mission states that their chickens will have no added hormones, no antibiotics, will be vegetable and grain fed, be humane certified, and my favorite thing? Your package of chicken is traceable to the family farm where it was raised. They even include “traceability codes” on each of their packages of chicken. You can head on over to their website and enter that code to find out the location of the farm where your chicken came from. Not only that, but you can also meet some of the farmers.
I’ll be telling you more about Just BARE Chicken® throughout the remainder of the year, but their focus on keeping things “Simply Delicious” is a perfect fit for my family and the way I cook. I love that I know exactly what I’m feeding my family when we eat Just BARE Chicken®. No additives, not even salt. Many frozen chicken products can contain up to 330 milligrams of sodium per serving! By the time you would add salt and whatever other ingredients your recipe contains, you’ll probably be off the charts for sodium. Just BARE contains only 75 milligrams of sodium per serving.
I love their website too. I know that might sound silly, but it’s clear, easy to navigate…and contains lots of great recipes. You know how much I love new recipes!
After browsing through all the recipes, I decided to make Chicken Thighs with Blueberry Chipotle Sauce–except I used chicken breasts because it is what I had on hand (image above from Just BARE’s website).
This recipe is a perfect use for all the terrific summertime berries. Plus, as you all know, my daughter is obsessed with “blue blues.” OBSESSED. And she likes things with spice so she loves this chicken as much as we do. I love the combination of honey and chipotle in the sauce, with blueberries and cilantro for fresh flavors.
The chicken with blueberry chipotle sauce recipe is unbelievably simple (helllo five ingredients) and comes together in less than 30 minutes. If you’re not a fan of dark meat, you can easily substitute Just BARE chicken breasts in this recipe.
Enjoy the saucy goodness from blueberries, honey and chipotles in adobo for this chicken with blueberry chipotle sauce.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 to 8 (20 ounces) Just BARE® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro + leaves for garnish, if desired
- Mash blueberries with a fork in a medium bowl; stir in honey and chiles. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper; sauté about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Add blueberry mixture to skillet; reduce heat to low and partially cover. Simmer about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and sauce is thick. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Serve chicken with sauce, garnished with cilantro leaves.
- If you prefer, use boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 of
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 0gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g