Try fun Heath waffles for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Easy adaptable to use any of your favorite creamer flavors. The flavored creamer replaces the milk and sugar normally added to waffle batter.
I love a fun challenge, so when International Delight asked me to play around with their creamers to create something delicious, I jumped on board.
The result? Heath Bar Waffles. These waffles are so tasty with just the right touch of Heath Bar flavor. A little sweet, but not overly so. Perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee, flavored with the same flavored creamer, of course.
This is a basic waffle recipe. The sweetened creamer replaces the sugar and milk that you would usually add to waffle batter. And adds loads of flavor, of course!
You could easily take these waffles into dessert-land by adding whipped cream or ice cream, garnished with crushed Heath Bars…and maybe some hot fudge. Because everyone should have dessert waffles every now and then.
The hardest thing about making these waffles was deciding which creamer to use. International Delight has so many to choose from but I narrowed it down to Heath or Caramel Macchiato, which is my favorite coffeehouse drink. I went with Heath because I love that fun nutty toffee flavor.
What flavor would you use? It would be so fun to do a seasonal flavor and do a festive waffle for the holidays.
Of course, you can never go wrong with vanilla — in waffles especially, the sweetness of vanilla will be a perfect start to your day. Top the vanilla waffles with fresh fruit. Strawberries, blueberries, or sliced peaches would be so good.
Update: Since this post was written, International Delight has discontinued the Heath flavor. Bummer! Any of their flavors would work well. Try Caramel Macchiato, Hazelnut, Amaretto, Peanut Butter Cup, and so many more.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups International Delight Heath Bar Creamer
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- whipped cream for topping, optional
- chocolate chips or crushed Heath bars for topping, optional
- Heat waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray if needed
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with whisk until fluffy. Add oil and creamer and beat until combined. In a small separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add them to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the amount of batter recommended by the manufacturer into the waffle iron. Bake as directed by your waffle maker or until steam stops coming out. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream and chocolate chips or crushed Heath bars.
- Try any International Delight creamer flavors.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1069Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 948mgCarbohydrates: 117gFiber: 4gSugar: 64gProtein: 13g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.