I love a fun challenge, so when International Delight approached me and wanted me to play around with their creamers to create something delicious, I jumped on board. The Heath Bar Waffles that I came up with were so tasty with just the right touch of Heath Bar flavor for breakfast. A little sweet, but not overly so. You could easily take these into dessert-land by adding some whipped cream and some crushed Heath Bars…and maybe some hot fudge. Because everyone should have dessert waffles every now and then.
The hardest thing about making these waffles was coming up with the type of creamer to use. International Delight has so many to choose from, but I had it narrowed down to the Heath or Caramel Macchiato, which is my favorite coffeehouse drink. I went with Heath because I was craving that fun nutty toffee flavor. What flavor would you use? It would be so fun to do a seasonal flavor and do a festive waffle for the holidays. Of course, you can never go wrong with vanilla — in waffles especially, the sweetness of vanilla will be a perfect start to your day.
These heath waffles are flavored with a surprising ingredient and are full of great toffee and chocolate flavor.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups International Delight Heath Bar Creamer
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- whipped cream for topping, optional
- chocolate chips or crushed Heath bars for topping, optional
- Heat waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray if needed
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with whisk until fluffy. Add oil and creamer and beat until combined. In a small separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add them to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the amount of batter recommended by the manufacturer into the waffle iron. Bake as directed by your waffle maker or until steam stops coming out. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Serve immediately topped with whipped cream and chocolate chips or crushed Heath bars.
adapted from Betty Crocker cookbookAll images and text © .
International Delight also challenged us to create a Pinterest board based on our flavor inspiration. While many of the flavors inspired me, I based my board around the flavor I used for this recipe – Heath. I get hungry every time I look at these Heath and toffee pins.
What’s Your ID? International Delight is looking for their most passionate flavor fans. Put your ID on the map to enter to win a Magical Trip, play games and discover more unexpected delight. Share your ID flavor at http://whatsyourid.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.