Cappuccino Mousse Cups
These Cappuccino Mousse Cups are perfect little bites for a bridal shower or any other special event. Light and delicious.
Julie is getting married! Happy surprise virtual bridal shower, Julie! I’m so happy to be getting together with some of your best blogging buddies to throw you this surprise virtual shower. I hope you were really surprised!
I like these Mini Cappuccino Mousse Cups because I think they are the perfect bites for a bridal shower. Finger food, but not too messy. Cute and delicate, but not too filling so they won’t make that pretty white dress too tight (only 148 calories each!). A little chocolate, but not too rich and heavy.
A few notes about making these cappuccino mousse cups:
- Make sure your cream cheese is nice and soft, otherwise you’ll have a hard time mixing it with the Cool Whip.
- You can prepare the filling in advance and store it in the fridge. Let it soften slightly before filling the phyllo cups.
- Use a piping bag or a zip-top bag to get the filling into the cups. If you use a zip-top bag, just snip off the corner and squeeze. You could spoon the filling in too, but with a bag, you’ll get a much prettier and more uniform look. Plus it will be way easier.
- I wouldn’t recommend making these completely in advance. The phyllo has a tendency to get soggy which you definitely do not want. Prep the filling in advance and then they’ll come together really quickly before your event.
Enjoy your virtual shower, Julie, but most of all enjoy your wedding and your marriage! It won’t always be easy, but it is so worth it.
Bite sized desserts are perfect for parties!
So convenient and easy to serve, individual desserts are a perfect finger food. Here’s some more ideas for you:
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 12 prepared mini phyllo shells
- chocolate covered espresso beans (optional)
- chocolate for shaving/garnishing (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, milk, cocoa powder, espresso powder, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat until combined and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Fold in Cool Whip until just combined.
- Using a pastry bag or zip-top plastic bag with the corner cut off, pipe this mixture into the phyllo shells. Top with shaved chocolate or chocolate covered espresso beans as desired.
- Best served immediately, but may be refrigerated 1-2 hours before serving if necessary.
- Make ahead tip: You can make the filling and refrigerate it. Remove filling from refrigerator a half hour before serving to soften slightly. Fill phyllo cups and serve. Phyllo cups may get soggy if filled ahead of time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 phyllo cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Verdict: I love these little bites. Addicting and delicious.
Husband’s take: He loved these too!
Changes I would make: None are necessary.