Salted Caramel Brownie Bites
Hi Guys! I am excited to be guest posting for Rachel as she takes some much needed time to juggle two busy kids! For those of you who do not know me I am Carrie from Bakeaholic Mama. I am a stay at home mom of three adorable crazy kids, and I have a major addiction to butter and sugar. We all have our addictions, Rachel for instance has a problem with popcorn. I on the other hand have a real problem with brownies.
All of you moms out there know what it’s like to try and lose those extra pounds and the kangaroo pouch after the babies are born. I find myself counting calories, working out.. and the entire time I am dreaming of things filled with ooey gooey chocolate, slathered in caramel. It’s a problem. What does a mom who loves brownies, but wants to spend the summer in a bikini do ?
My solution? Make the brownies!
But only a small batch. If you are like me you… things with caramel and chocolate do not stand a chance. You have issues with self control. That big 9×13 pan of fudgy goodness is going to be eaten. It just happens and before you know it. You are look at My Fitness Pal and just weep because you have gone over your 1220 calorie goal by…. 1000. Those brownies will squash the hopes of wearing a bikini at the beach this summer. Instead of a 6 pack… you will gain a double chin.
However the smaller batch of brownies made in a mini muffin pan, will ensure you only have a bite or two. Yes you might go over your calories a tad…. but nothing in comparison to that 9×12 pan of brownies. The hopes of sun bathing on the beach might just happen after all!…. Who am I kidding, I have three kids… What’s relaxation in the hot sun like?
Salted Caramel Brownie Bites
Bite size brownies with luscious salted caramel topping.
- 5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
FOR THE CARAMEL:
- 1/2 cup caramel dip, I use Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray mini muffin cups with non stick baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl using a rubber spatula, mix together melted butter, sugar and salt. Once combined mix in your egg and vanilla extract. Add in cocoa powder and flour, scraping down the sides of the bowl just until all the ingredients have come together. Using a cookie scooper or tablespoon. Fill greased mini muffin cups about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- Allow brownie bites to cool before removing from the muffin tin.
- Dollop caramel dip on the tops of each brownie and then sprinkle the tops with sea salt.
Recipe by Bakeaholic MamaAll images and text © .
Thanks so much, Carrie! These look divine!