I am just loving these Friday guest posts–I hope you all are too! Today we have Caroline from Chocolate & Carrots. I just love Caroline and her blog and her cutie baby boy, Liam. I seem to love every. single. recipe. that Caroline posts on her site. For a little taste of her food, check out her Acorn Squash Mac & Cheese, Whole Grain Monkey Bread, and Oreo Baked Donuts.
Since it’s January and we’re all trying to slim down after the indulgent holidays, I thought a nice healthier breakfast muffin would start our days off right! They even freeze well if you’d like to make a batch and not feel obligated to eat all 12 in one sitting! :D That wouldn’t do anything to help the resolutions, eh?
The muffin batter doesn’t have any added sugar and feel free to leave off the streusel if you need to. I just love that pop of sugar and crunch that you get on the muffin top. So delicious!
I hope you enjoy these muffins and come visit me some time! I’m so glad I could help Rachel out while she is loving on the new baby. :-) I bet “E” is such a great big sister already!
Whole Wheat Banana Streusel Muffins
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1 cup smashed ripe banana (2-3 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside for the topping.
- In a larger bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together.
- In yet another large bowl mix the canola oil, eggs, vanilla extract, yogurt, banana and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix.
- (Optional) Line the muffin tin with paper liners and spray with cooking spray.
- Fill the muffin tin 3/4 full per muffin spot. Then, sprinkle the entire batch of the topping evenly over the muffin batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
adapted from Chocolate & CarrotsAll images and text © .
Thanks again for helping me out, Caroline! Can’t wait to try these muffins!