There’s a CHOCOLATE giveaway at the end of this post.
Do I have your attention now?
When Hershey’s asked me if I would like to sample some of their products and offer a giveaway, it was pretty much a no-brainer. The hardest part was deciding what to make first! I went with biscotti because I love it, it keeps well (I can throw it in the freezer and bring it out for those baby-visiting guests!) and it is kind of fun to make. Not the usual-ol’-cookie, you know? Something different. And perfect to dip into a big cup of coffee or an ice-cold glass of milk. (What would be your choice?)
These are rich and deliciously crunchy, with terrific flavors of decadent chocolate and nutty toffee. Perfection. But I should be honest, I could eat those toffee bits by the handful. I just love them!
Chocolate Toffee Biscotti
This chocolate toffee biscotti is great of dipping in a cup of coffee or a cup of milk.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Gradually sift in the dry ingredients, mix until combined.
- Mix in the toffee bits and the chocolate chips until well incorporated.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, divide the dough in half and shape into logs approximately the length of the baking sheet. Flatten the tops of the logs. Make sure they are evenly spaced. Bake for 25 minutes, until the logs feel firm when touched.
- Let cool on the pan on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and carefully cut on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inches slices, using a serrated knife. Arrange the slices cut side down on baking sheets cook for another 20 minutes, flipping the biscotti halfway through the cooking time. Cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
adapted from David LebovitzAll images and text © .
Verdict: Delicious and completely addicting.
Husband’s take: He hasn’t had the pleasure of tasting these yet.
Changes I would make: I wanted to dip them in melted chocolate and sprinkle them with more of the toffee bits but the pregnancy lack of motivation got the best of me. Maybe next time!
Difficulty: Slightly time-consuming but quite easy.
Update: GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED. Congrats to comment #268, Abby! Thank you all for entering.
Giveaway Details: One (1) winner will receive: 1 Hershey’s® Cookie Headquarter Apron, 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Baking Melts Chocolates, 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Bits ‘o’ Brickle® Toffee Chips, 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Kisses® Chocolates, 1 canister Hershey’s® Cocoa and 1 set of recipe cards featuring the core Hershey’s® holiday recipes (prize pack pictured above, photo courtesy of Hershey’s).
To Enter (required entry): Comment on this post.
For Extra Entries (MAKE SURE to leave an extra comment for each or they won’t count!):
1. Subscribe to my RSS feed or add your name to my email list (please confirm when you get the email asking you to do so).
2. “Like” Rachel Cooks on Facebook .
3. Follow @rachelcooksblog on Twitter.
4. Follow Rachel Cooks on Pinterest.
5. “Like” Hershey’s on Facebook.
6. Follow Hershey’s on Twitter.
Disclaimer: I was provided with the same products mentioned above but no monetary compensation. Opinions are as always, 100% my own.