Once you try homemade pumpkin pie spice, you’ll likely never go back to store-bought! It’s easy to make with spices you already have in your cupboard.
Doing it at home saves money and tastes better. Also, if you’re like me, you don’t go through spices too terribly quickly, so this assures that you use what you have and that all your spices will be fresh and tasty.
So toss out your old pumpkin pie spice and pull out your cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves.
You can use this homemade pumpkin pie spice mixture:
- for pumpkin pie (duh)
- for pumpkin cheese cake
- as a topping for sweet potatoes,
- sprinkled in your coffee (hello pumpkin spice latte!)
- thrown in pancake or waffle batter
- stirred into your oatmeal
- for the recipe I have coming for you Friday
Updated to add….try it in these recipes:
I finished off a jar of cinnamon while making this, so I threw my new spice mixture in that jar. Didn’t even have to wash it! Bonus! I wrote up a quick label, drew a pumpkin on it because I’m a dork (not to mention a terrible artist), and dated it.
Stay tuned, I have an amazing recipe coming for you to use this spice mix in!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
Once you try homemade pumpkin pie spice, you’ll likely never go back to store-bought! It’s easy to make with spices you already have in your cupboard. Perfect for fall baking!
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg (use store-bought ground nutmeg if you need to but I promise once you try freshly ground, you’re never going back)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Mix together all ingredients and store in airtight container.