Mocha Biscotti with Almonds
Crunchy, flavorful mocha almond biscotti are perfect for dipping in your morning coffee.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, espresso powder, toasted almonds, chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- In separate smaller bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. This is a very dry dough, so start with a spoon, and if necessary, use your hands to fully combine the ingredients.
- Form the dough into two flat logs on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. It spreads a little, but not much, so make the logs slightly smaller than the width that you would like your biscotti to be.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the biscotti cool completely before slicing into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Lay the slices flat on a baking sheet (you can use the same one, with the parchment), and bake for 7-10 minutes, flip each one over, and then continue to bake for an additional 7-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack before storing in air tight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 biscotti
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.