Pizza Sliders Recipe (Pepperoni Pizza)
Pepperoni, sauce, and cheese sandwiched between soft rolls and baked — these pepperoni pizza sliders will be the hit of your party!
I interrupt my regularly scheduled programming (healthy! skinny! kale!) for GAME DAY FOOD. Okay, I know game day food can totally be healthy (should we talk about putting butternut squash in queso?) but sometimes it isn’t, and that’s okay too. Everything in moderation, and these are made for sharing. And they contain protein and calcium — score!
That was a completely unintentional game day pun but I’m rolling with it.
You guys already know I’m obsessed with all things pizza. We’ve got pepperoni pizza homemade hot pockets, pepperoni pizza dip (SO GOOD), Parmesan crusted pepperoni pizza grilled cheese, and pizza mac and cheese muffins.
If you’re looking for something on the healthier end of the spectrum, you could whip up some pepperoni pizza zucchini noodles or even easier, bite sized zucchini pepperoni pizzas. Or one of my personal favorites, pepperoni pizza quinoa stuffed peppers. If that’s still not enough, you can try pepperoni pizza 6 layer hummus dip. Enough to satisfy your pizza cravings?
To make things even better, these pizza sliders could not possibly be easier to make and you can easily double the recipe if you’re serving a crowd. They’re absolutely perfect for any football watching party. If pepperoni isn’t your thing, you could fill these with any of your favorite pizza toppings: mushrooms, peppers, onions, sausage, ham, spinach….the possibilities are limitless.
PS: This is the baking dish I used.
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Pepperoni, sauce, and cheese sandwiched between soft rolls and baked -- these pepperoni pizza sliders will be the hit of your party!
- 1 package (12 oz or 12 count) King’s Hawaiian Honey Wheat Rolls
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (low moisture, part-skim)
- 1/2 cup pepperoni (I use mini)
- 1/4 cup butter (4 tablespoons), melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut entire sheet of rolls in half (separating tops from bottoms), being careful to try to keep rolls connected. Place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking dish. Spread pizza sauce evenly over the rolls and sprinkle pepperoni on top of sauce (see notes). Sprinkle mozzarella on top of pepperoni and then place the top half of the rolls on top.
- Mix melted butter with garlic powder, parsley flakes, dried oregano and shredded Parmesan cheese. Pour evenly over sliders.
- Spray a piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray to prevent cheese from sticking and cover baking dish with this foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes or until parmesan is melted and golden brown.
- Cut into sliders and serve immediately.
- Note: You may use other rolls that are all connected in a sheet - King’s Hawaiian is typically the most readily available.
- Note: If you don’t use mini pepperoni, I’d use one pepperoni per roll, so 12 pepperoni slices. If you want to use more, just make sure you have a sharp knife to slice these apart into individual sliders before serving.
Verdict: A serving is one pizza slider (recipe serves 12), but I definitely ate two! They’re kinda irresistible.
Husband’s take: He loves these, the kids love these, everyone loves these.
Changes I would make: None are necessary at all but I would possibly play with different fun pizza “toppings” next time I make these.
Disclosure: I have been compensated by Milk Means More for my time to develop this recipe and write this post. All opinions are as always, my own. Find out more about why Milk Means More on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.