Bite Sized Zucchini Pizzas
These bite sized zucchini pizzas give you a great boost of protein and are full of flavor — and vegetables thanks to a zucchini “crust.”
If I talked about the 3pm crash and snack craving, it wouldn’t be the first time you heard it from me. I often find myself tired and approaching headache-land around 3pm. What I typically need is a little snack — a little burst of protein to fuel me on to cook dinner.
And what’s better than PIZZA! My daughter is obsessed with pizza. It’s definitely in the top three if she were to make a list of her favorite foods. And she loved these zucchini pizza bites. The thing is, she doesn’t typically eat zucchini if I just sauté, roast, or grill it, but cover it with pizza sauce, melty cheese, and crispy pepperoni and she’s allllll in. “I love these, Mommy!”
It’s a great snack for the whole family and I would totally make it for a dinner as well. It’s hearty enough thanks to the cheese and pepperoni — pair it with a salad and you’re all set.
They’re easy to make — give the zucchini a bit of a head start by broiling it in your oven. You could also grill or sauté it but I’m all about minimizing the dirty pans.
Then add the toppings….
….and broil for another minute or two and you’re all set!
Hope you love this fun snack as much as we do!
Bite-Sized Zucchini Pizzas
Yield: about 30, depending on size
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
These bite-sized zucchini pizzas give you a great boost of protein and are full of flavor -- and vegetables thanks to a zucchini "crust."
- 2 large zucchini (the wider, the better), cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- about 30 pepperoni (one for each pizza)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place zucchini slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spray tops lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and broil again for 2-3 minutes or until browning on second side.
- Remove from oven and carefully top with sauce, mozzarella cheese, one pepperoni per mini pizza, and finally with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
serving size 3 mini pizzas
Verdict: I loved these! I will definitely be making them frequently.
Husband’s take: Ben loved these as did E. Nathan, as always, didn’t try them.
Changes I would make: None are necessary, but if pepperoni isn’t your thing, try out your favorite pizza toppings.
Difficulty: Very easy.
If you’re looking for more pizza-themed recipes try parmesan crusted pepperoni pizza grilled cheese, pepperoni pizza lasagna rolls, pizza quinoa stuffed peppers, pizza chicken tenders, or pizza mac and cheese muffins.
If you’re looking for more great snacks like these bite sized zucchini pizzas, follow out my Snack Time Pinterest Board!
**Disclosure: I am thrilled to be a dairy ambassador for Milk Means More. I have been compensated by Milk Means More for my time. All opinions are as always, my own. Find out more about why Milk Means More on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.