30+ Uses for Leftover Halloween Candy

Have leftover Halloween candy? Here’s 30 great ideas for treats to make with your treats.

30+ Uses for Leftover Halloween Candy | RachelCooks.com

Am I a bad mom because I don’t take my 3-year-old trick or treating? Don’t answer that. I’m totally fine with not doing it. A) We don’t really let her eat much candy. B) See A. C) See A.

Okay, and truthfully, I think she’s a little young still (3). We play dress up frequently, so I don’t see the need to spend 30 bucks on a costume she’s only going to wear once. Although I did dress her up for her first Halloween. Actually, this was her second Halloween — she was born in September. The first Halloween, I just propped her up by some pumpkins and took some photos.

cat1

Should I have dressed N up for his first Halloween? Poor second child. I need to search Pinterest and start getting crafty. I’m not good at being crafty.

Anyways, another reason we don’t really do Halloween is because we live in condos so we don’t really get trick or treaters. Which is good because goodness knows if I bought a bunch of candy, I’d be eating it all before I could even make all these delicious treats in this round-up.

Enjoy! And if you STILL have left overs, send them my way.

I likes Reese’s and Snickers best.

candy-corn-gooey-cake-bars6

Payday Caramel Corn {Shugary Sweets}
Pumpkin Dip {Bran Appetit}
Candy Corn Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites {Averie Cooks}
Salty Sweet Hallowen Chex Party Mix {The Law Student’s Wife}
Reese’s Turkeys {Inside BruCrew Life}
White Chocolate Candy Corn Popcorn {Bakerita}

12 Responses to “30+ Uses for Leftover Halloween Candy”

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks — November 2, 2013 at 5:38 am

What a great roundup, Rachel! Thanks for linking my Candy Corn Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites & my Butterfinger Bars! I hope you and your adorable family had a great Halloween!

• Donna Howard — November 2nd, 2013 @ 8:33 am

Avery – on the candy corn cookie dough – doesn’t the cookie dough fall off the pretzel?? Or you just zap it in your mouth right away? I wanted to do this and give a tray to the firemen in our area, but thinking they won’t stay together?

2. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life — November 2, 2013 at 7:09 am

Isn’t she just the cutest in her costume there? I agree with you…3 is a little young for all that candy! But it definitely is good to bake with ;-) Thanks for sharing 2 of mine!!!

3. Lesa @ Edesia's Notebook — November 2, 2013 at 8:13 am

My girls are 3 and 5 and we don’t do trick-or-treating. We had a Germanfest-type fundraising dinner for their school last weekend and all the kids dressed up for that. My five-year-old even won her age bracket in the costume contest. That was good enough for her. We don’t do candy either, so I don’t see the point in trick-or-treating. I think it’s a really ridiculous tradition.

Love the roundup. May have to go buy some clearanced candy to try some of those recipes!

4. Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — November 2, 2013 at 8:49 am

omg, I can’t tell you how happy I was to read this this morning. I didn’t take my son trick-or-treating and I have felt so incredibly guilty, selfish, terrible about it all day yesterday! I thought I was seriously the only one and I felt like a bad mom! I didn’t dress up my youngest either and I felt awful about that…it makes me feel a lot better knowing Im not alone! Thanks for confessing! ;)
    Love this roundup!

5. Amy @Very Culinary — November 2, 2013 at 10:13 am

Thanks for including me, Darlinque! I think we started taking Haley trick-or-treating when she was 3. Maybe 4? But it was more for me than her. I can’t remember with Trevor. Omg. The second kid does get the shaft, huh? I <3 Halloween.

6. Erin | The Law Student's Wife — November 2, 2013 at 2:13 pm

THanks so much for including me Rachel! Also, I want to go out and buy more candy so that I can make every single thing on this list.

7. Julie @ Table for Two — November 2, 2013 at 2:22 pm

This is such a great round-up!! I bet it’ll help a bunch of people out! Thank you for including me in this :) :)

8. denise — November 2, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I’ve heard you can melt candy corn slowly in the microwave and use it as an icing or glaze–we never have leftovers enough to try it. :) **My oldest two of my three boys are teenagers.**

9. Audra | The Baker Chick — November 3, 2013 at 10:00 am

What a wonderful round-up! I have been avoiding candy this year out of fear of sugar overload but ended up with a bunch anyway- I’m so happy to have this list for inspiration!

10. Nikki @Seeded at the Table — November 3, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Great way to sneak all of Judah’s candy and make them into my own treats! ;)

11. Chocolate Shavings — November 3, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Trick or treat or not she is a real cutie!