Tuna White Bean Salad Flatbread – 27g protein and less than 300 calories!
This tuna white bean salad flatbread is a pizza you don’t have to feel guilty about! Filling, flavorful and fun to eat — and unbelievably easy to prepare.
I’m so excited to be teaming up with Flatout Flatbread and StarkKist to bring you this healthy and filling recipe. This flatbread pizza is very unique and light — but filling at the same time. You guys are going to love it.
My husband loves tuna. He ate it all the time when he was in the Marines. When he was a teacher, the staff of the school all contributed to a school cookbook for fundraising purposes.
Ben’s recipe was “Yellow Tuna.”
You might be thinking, “Ooooh a yellowfin tuna recipe?”
Ben’s recipe was this: “Open a can of tuna, drain. Mix with mustard and eat with a fork.”
If he can eat it like that, it is clear that he loves tuna. Me…I’m a little iffy on it but like it when it is prepared in certain ways.
And you all already know I love Flatout Flatbread, so I’m excited to partner with them for this post. I showed you that in my egg wrap and also my vegetarian wraps. I use one of Flatout’s products practically daily and love that they are a Michigan company.
The flatbread crust that I used only has 140 calories and the herb and garlic tuna packet only contains 110 calories! The herb and garlic tuna is so flavorful that you barely need dressing so I just spritzed the spinach with a light spray of extra virgin olive oil for a little moisture and flavor. The white beans lend such a creamy texture that you won’t even miss the mayo and cheese that often accompany tuna.
This meal is so protein packed (the flatbread alone has 7grams!) that you’ll feel satisfied but not weighed down and heavy. Flatout is surprisingly high in fiber as well. (Can you tell I love the stuff?)
We are definitely having this tuna white bean salad flatbread again — and soon! Ben said “I could eat this every day!” For E (my 3-year-old), I baked a Flatout flatbread pizza with tuna and a light sprinkle of cheese. She loved it!
Tuna and White Bean Salad Flatbread Pizza
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
This is a pizza you don't have to feel guilty about! Filling, flavorful and fun to eat -- and unbelievably easy to prepare.
- 2 Thin Crust Flatout Flatbreads Artisan Pizza (Rustic White)
- olive oil spray
- about 4 cups (loosely packed) baby spinach
- two 2.6 ounce packages of herb and garlic Starkist Tuna Creations
- 1/3 cup great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 of an English cucumber, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 roma tomato, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 stalk of celery, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush or spray flatbread lightly on both sides with olive oil. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- When it comes out of the oven, pile spinach on top (dividing between two flatbreads pizzas). Spray spinach lightly with olive oil. Top with tuna, beans, cucumber, tomato and celery. Serve immediately
Disclaimer: I received products for recipe creation as well as a Target gift card. All opinions are always my own. I’m not even kidding, I sent Flatout about 4 Twitter messages asking them if they wanted to work with me because I love their products so much. Perseverance pays off — ha!