Apple & Cookie Butter Dessert Sandwich
Sometimes you just want to indulge in a quick sweet treat, using ingredients you have in the house and can make in a flash. I love to simplify my life by creating fun new recipes from things I already have on hand. This recipe fits the bill. Who needs to stand over the stove slaving over some fancy dessert when really, all you need is a little something for your sweet tooth? All you do is take cinnamon-raisin bread (my favorite!), smear the outside with Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, smear the inside with cookie butter, layer in some apples, and grill. Voila! Melty inside, sweet apples, and a crispy outside thanks to the great spreadable butter that you didn’t have to soften and didn’t squish your bread when you spread it on.
I also love the idea of switching the cookie butter out for peanut butter for a fun lunch idea. Probably not something you want to indulge in daily, but a fun treat! And super simple. Because when you have two kids, simplifying your life is something that becomes very, very important to you. My daughter would just adore this, with peanut butter, for lunch. Give her the rest of the apple along side of the sandwich and you’re golden!
As golden as the outside of the bread. So tasty and perfect.
Land O’Lakes is helping you simplify your life by creating this wonderful spreadable butter. Three ingredients: Sweet cream, canola oil and salt! Now that is something that I truly love. I hate those loooong ingredient lists of things I have never heard of. I’m always trying to create things myself to avoid those long lists. For example, my slow-cooker refried beans and my favorite taco seasoning.
And this is new information to me: Land O’Lakes is a farmer owned cooperative which produces the sweet cream that is churned into Land O Lakes® Butter, and they’ve been doing that for more than 90 years! Isn’t that wonderful?
Try this dessert sandwich either with cookie butter or peanut butter, and begin simplifying your life by occasionally taking the easy way out when you’re cooking. You deserve it. We all deserve it.
Apple and Cookie Butter Dessert Sandwich
Yield: serves 1
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Try this apple and cookie butter dessert sandwich when you need a quick sweet treat.
- teaspoon Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons cookie butter (or peanut butter!)
- ¼ apple, sliced very thin
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread. Spread half of the cookie butter on the inside of one slice of bread, and then create a layer of apple slices. Place, butter side down, in frying pan which has been preheated over medium heat. Spread the other half of the cookie butter on the inside of the other slice of bread and place on top bread with the apples.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Prepare to get messy. Enjoy!
I was compensated by Land O’Lakes for this post. All opinions are my own.