Apple Crisp Granola

by Rachel Gurk on September 21, 2012 · 26 comments

in Appetizers/Snacks, Breakfast

Did you know that Rachel of Baked by Rachel is having an Apple Party?  When she asked me to participate, how could I say no? Apples scream fall and I love everything about fall. Apples, apple cider, donuts, hay rides, pumpkin everything, and especially that crisp feeling in the air. Perfection if you ask me. Plus, Rachel was so kind to participate in my Pancake Party–I had to return the favor! Although this recipe doesn’t have fresh apples in it, it still encompasses all those great flavors of fall. It tastes like you’re eating a bowl of apple crisp–for breakfast!

Head on over to Rachel’s site for the recipe!

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Amanda, RD- The Nutritionist Reviews September 21, 2012 at 7:36 am

I just found your blog through Taste of MI and love it! I recently moved from the west side of the state to the Detroit area and write a food/nutrition blog too. I love your blog and am now following : )

2 Rachel September 21, 2012 at 7:40 am

Great! Did you find out about Taste of MI through the MLive article? Where in the Detroit area are you? Sorry for the 20 questions. Oh but I have another! Would you be interested in hearing about future Taste of MI events?

3 Amanda, RD- The Nutritionist Reviews September 21, 2012 at 7:52 am

No I saw it on Prevention RD blog. I am in Grosse Pointe Park and recently moved from Fennville which is near Saugatuck. I would definitely be interested in hearing about Taste of MI events. I had no idea that there were even any MI bloggers! I try to find them all the time but never found any until today : ). If you ever have anything on the East side of the state, I would be super interested in attending.

4 Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! September 21, 2012 at 7:43 am

This looks SO good! What a great fall treat!!!

5 Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles September 21, 2012 at 8:13 am

LOVE this, Rachel! I’m all up in apples right now!!

6 Laurie {Simply Scratch} September 21, 2012 at 9:29 am

Looks so good Rachel!! I love this apple a day thing you’ve got goin’ on! Have a great weekend!

7 Rachel @ Baked by Rachel September 21, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thanks so much for joining the party Rachel! I totally want to eat this with ice cream ha :)

8 Cassie September 21, 2012 at 11:06 am

So, you and I have a similar love for granola. I can’t wait to try this one!!

9 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts September 21, 2012 at 12:05 pm

What a great granola! I am making granola today, I might have to make this one next time!

10 Jennifer @ Mother Thyme September 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Oh yum! I am always making granola, so this will defintely be on my list to try!

11 Rachael {SimplyFreshCooking} September 21, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Looks amazing… going to check out the recipe right now!

12 Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet September 21, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Sounds delish. A must try for sure.

13 Tracey September 21, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Dessert for breakfast? Oh yes, I am so in!

14 Laura (Tutti Dolci) September 21, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I’m all for granola that gives me an apple crisp fix!

15 Gerry @ Foodness Gracious September 22, 2012 at 11:44 pm

My two year old would go crazy for this, he’s a huge granola fan! This could be his ultimate breakfast :)

16 Julie @ Table for Two September 23, 2012 at 9:28 pm

this looks so super good! i really would put this on anything i could – this would make the start of my day so happy :)

17 amy @ fearless homemaker September 24, 2012 at 11:49 am

Ooh, this looks wonderful! I bet it’s awesome on top of greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream. Off to check out the recipe!

18 claire @ the realistic nutritionist September 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm

healthy and absolutely delicious!

19 Ashley Bee September 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I wouldn’t think to add these two together, but it DOES make sense! Well done :)

20 ashley - Baker by Nature September 24, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Ooooh this does look delicious, Rach! In other news: I can’t wait to meet you in a little over a week!

21 Carrian-ohsweetbasil September 24, 2012 at 11:14 pm

You had me at apple, then crisp, then granola, absolutely looking forward to making this!

22 Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious September 25, 2012 at 1:14 am

I’m loving this apple party! And I just added this on my autumn “to-bake” list – can’t wait! :)

23 Rosa September 25, 2012 at 3:51 am

A great granola! Divine looking. I love the addition of dried apples.

Cheers,

Rosa

24 baker street September 26, 2012 at 3:43 am

Every time I make a batch of granola at home, I like to try out a new recipe. Apple crisp is surely the next one. Sounds absolutely incredible. This is such a great addition to Rachel’s apple party! :)

25 Anne@FromMySweetHeart September 26, 2012 at 10:38 am

Hi Rachel! I just love granola…..I eat it several times a week with my yogurt and so I’m always looking for new recipes to keep it fresh! This looks fabulous and I’m heading over to grab the recipe. Your photography is just amazing, too! : )

Welcome! Thanks for visiting...I would love to hear from you!

{ 1 trackback }