Easy Pumpkin Pudding

by Rachel Gurk on September 3, 2012 · 23 comments

in Appetizers/Snacks, Desserts

Is Labor Day too early for pumpkin recipes?

Or a better question, do I care?

Nope!

Okay–moving on. I love pumpkin and could literally eat it year-round. And I really love fall. Everything about it. Pumpkin, the smell of falling leaves, the slight chill in the air. Even football.

Sorta kinda.

Don’t tell my husband.

This recipe is part of the Secret Recipe Club. I found it on my assigned blog, The Daily Dish Recipes. Nicole has a lot of great recipes on her site so make sure to drop by and pay her a visit! This is a quick and easy recipe that will satisfy both your sweet tooth and your craving for fall.

Easy Pumpkin Pudding
adapted from The Daily Dish Recipes

1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup milk
one 1-ounce package of instant vanilla pudding
optional: whipped cream and/or pepitas for topping
optional: graham crackers for dipping

1. In a medium-large bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, milk, and instant pudding. Whisk until there are no lumps. Chill for about an hour or until firm.
2. Top with pepitas and/or whipped cream. It tastes great scooped up on a graham cracker as well!

Verdict: Delicious! Like I said, it will satisfy your craving for fall.
Husband’s take: As I type this, he has not yet tried it. But E loved it!
Changes I would make: None!
Difficulty: So easy!

PS: I Hope you all have a fantastic Labor Day! Any fun plans? I’m working my hospital job—woooooohoooo.

{ 22 comments… read them below or add one }

1 SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen September 3, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I don’t think today is too early for pumpkin, or apple recipes! I love fall and I’m thrilled that the season is “actually” here now that we’ve crossed the end-of-summer mark. I love this dip idea – looks really creamy and tasty.

2 Lisa~~ September 3, 2012 at 2:42 pm

So perfect with Fall just around the corner, looks delicious.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my SRC entry: Fried Green Tomatoes.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

3 Micha @ Cookin' Mimi September 3, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Never too early for pumpkin. It’s one of my favorite flavors. I need to give this a try.

4 Liz @ The Lemon Bowl September 3, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Nope – it’s NEVER too early to cook with pumpkin!! I’ll be eating pumpkin oatmeal all week – woot woot!! Happy Fall!

5 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 3, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I’m all for pumpkin all year ’round!! This looks absolutely fabulous! I seriously CANNOT wait to try it!!
I hear you on the work front — I’m working at my hospital job this weekend too, the overnights to boot. Kind of a weekend killer, but someone has to care for the patients! :)

6 Averie @ Averie Cooks September 3, 2012 at 5:51 pm

NOT too early…in fact, I was just editing images for a pumpkin recipe to go out next week :) But we already ate it. Last week :)

Love the pudding!

7 Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos September 3, 2012 at 8:09 pm

It’s never too early for pumpkin!!! This looks like an easy way to satisfy that pumpkin craving!

8 Gretchen (Veggie Grettie) September 3, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Yum…I am with ya…pumpkin is great year-round!

9 Margaret September 3, 2012 at 10:34 pm

NEVER too early for pumpkin. Especially when it’s used to make pudding.

10 Kathryn September 4, 2012 at 12:50 am

I saw loads of pumpkins in the store the other day so definitely not too early! I’ve never really had an American pudding (in the UK pudding is just another word for dessert) but I’m so intrigued by this and it sounds delicious!

11 Jenny @ BAKE September 4, 2012 at 5:26 am

I’ve been thinking up pumpkin recipes! so not to early! your photos are gorgeous!

12 Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama September 4, 2012 at 6:25 am

OH my word. You can make pumpkin pudding?!?!?! I didn’t know there was such a thing, and I really need to try it!

13 Lesa @Edesia's Notebook September 4, 2012 at 9:03 am

While I hate to see summer go, I am getting really excited for fall foods. I made my first apple dessert of the year yesterday and I can’t wait to bust out the pumpkin. This pudding looks super yummy and easy peasy: exactly the way I like my desserts! :)

14 Laurie {Simply Scratch} September 4, 2012 at 10:45 am

Totally bookmarking! Looks great Rachel! Ps.. which hospital? I work at Beaumont :)

15 Kristina September 4, 2012 at 11:02 am

Mmm! This looks so yummy! Haha ok, and if it makes you feel any better I made pumpkin pie in july… its so good! I love pumpkin anything! I’ve never made a pumpkin pudding though, will have to try! Looks great as a dip :)

16 claire @ the realistic nutritionist September 4, 2012 at 11:26 am

I’d put a straw in this and DRINK IT. That’s how good it looks.

17 Erica September 4, 2012 at 11:56 am

NOM! I so want to make this for thanksgiving!!

18 Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama September 4, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I am totally ready for fall cooking! I went to the store and bought a fall candle today :)

19 Mom September 5, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I bet you could put the pudding into a pie shell or graham cracker crust and top it with whipped cream to make a “pumpkin chiffon pie”!

20 Katherine Martinelli September 6, 2012 at 10:38 am

It is never too early for pumpkin in my book! Bring it on :-) This pudding looks awesome.

21 sooze September 6, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I make a pumpkin “pudding” by baking my pumpkin pie filling in a buttered cassarole dish without a crust. Easy, tasty, and no mess from rolling out pie crust.

22 Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! September 18, 2012 at 8:19 am

I loooove the look of this pumpkin pudding! And the ingredient list is short and simple too – perfection! Will definitely be giving this a try this fall. :)

Welcome! Thanks for visiting...I would love to hear from you!

{ 1 trackback }