Bananas Foster Pancakes

by Rachel Gurk on July 13, 2012 · 17 comments

in Breakfast, Cakes, etc., Desserts

I just love Kristen of Dine & Dish and I am so happy that she came to my pancake party! I am even happier that she brought these pancakes. Oh my goodness!

If you’re not already reading Dine & Dish, you are missing out. Seriously. Kristen has an amazing way of weaving in captivating stories with her recipes and her gorgeous photography.

See for yourself:

~~~~~~~~~~

I’ve always been a pancakes for breakfast kind of gal, but like brownies, I usually prefer my pancakes to be plain without anything mixed in. Instead, I choose to focus on what goes on top of the pancake to make it unique and different.

Aside from maple, my three favorite syrups are this Creamy Buttermilk Syrup, Eggnog Syrup and finally, Creamy Chocolate Syrup. I’m a firm believer that although pancakes are awesome themselves, it is what accompanies the pancakes that makes them even better. I’m constantly trying to up my pancake topping game.

Well, I think I may have hit pancake nirvana with Bananas Foster Pancakes. My husband has been on a bit of a Bananas Foster kick lately… making it as often as he can for dessert at night. One morning, I was looking at some ripe bananas and I thought…. if the mixture Bananas Foster is made up of is so good on ice cream, I wonder what it would taste like on pancakes?

I’m here to tell you, again… it’s pancake nirvana. It’s “get all your calories out of the way for the day at breakfast and not care a bit” kind of good. These pancakes are indulgent, rich and the most delicious start to your day you could possibly imagine. Don’t take it from me… try it out for yourself! Enjoy!

Bananas Foster Pancakes by Dine & Dish

• 1 Batch of your favorite pancakes (we prefer this recipe)
  • 4 Tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup, packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup dark rum
  • 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into “coins”
  • 1 pinch of Cinnamon
  1. In a cast iron or heavy skillet with a long handle, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir. Add cream, and bananas and stir until mixture is thick and bubbly, 1-2 minutes.
  2. *Use Extreme Caution In This Step* Pour in rum and stir to combine. Using a long lighter, tip the pan towards the open flame (away from your body) until the alcohol in the pan ignites. The mixture will flame for 30 seconds or so then should die down on its own.
  3. Once the flame has been eliminated, remove the pan from the heat and stir in cinnamon.
  4. Top cooked pancakes with Bananas Foster mixture while it is still warm. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for bringing these pancakes to the party, Kristen! I’m a little scared I’ll light my hair on fire…but I can’t wait to try them!

You can find more of Kristen on FacebookTwitter, and Pinterest.

Remember to follow along with all the pancakes this month, just click on the picture below.

{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Lesa @Edesia's Notebook July 13, 2012 at 7:38 am

Mmm, that looks so good! We have a little New Orleans-themed restaurant in our tiny town and every Fat Tuesday they have a special of Bananas Foster French Toast. These pancakes remind me of that and remind me of how far away next Fat Tuesday is! I may have to try these at home to get my fix.

2 Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray July 13, 2012 at 8:55 am

Such a great feature! I love Kristen and her beautiful family, too. :)

3 Ali @ Gimme Some Oven July 13, 2012 at 10:10 am

Ooooh – such a fun idea! Having flames in the kitchen (and then these AMAZING pancakes for breakfast) would be a stellar way to begin the day! :)

4 Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama July 13, 2012 at 10:32 am

Oh wow!!! These are gorgeous pancakes!

5 Inês July 13, 2012 at 11:13 am

OMG these look deliciously decadent! I wish I had bananas – I’ld go running wildly to the kitchen to prepare some pancakes :)

6 Danijela July 13, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Hello, Rachel
wow, this looks amazing. Although I like this very much, I probably won’t try to make this, because of the step two. :) You have done a great job, pictures are beautiful. I am sure these pancakes are really delicious.

7 Jeffrey July 13, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Holy Moly! That look like nothing but GREAT! I would like to add that if I ate that for breakfast I would be done for the day.

8 Claire @ the realistic nutritionist July 13, 2012 at 1:01 pm

My gosh my gosh!! How decadent do these look??

9 Mrs. L July 13, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Fun checking out all the different pancake recipes so far, but these? Swoon worthy!

10 Jennifer @ Mother Thyme July 13, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Wow! These are amazing! What a super idea!

11 Cassie July 13, 2012 at 2:48 pm

These are amazing, Kristen! I adore that photo with the flaming bananas. Great idea!

12 Stephanie @ Blonde Kitchen July 13, 2012 at 4:58 pm

This looks absolutely amazing! I am absolutely making this weekend….photo with the flaming bananas is fantastic, too!

13 Val @ Tips on Healthy Living July 13, 2012 at 5:31 pm

These look gorgeous! And the flaming pan is so impressive. Admittedly, I’ve never had bananas foster as a dessert but I’d be ok skipping right to bananas foster for breakfast! And egg nog syrup? Wow, I had no idea.

14 Caitlin July 13, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Oh my goodness, I think I know what I am making for breakfast this weekend!!

15 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar July 14, 2012 at 7:05 am

This might just be my favorite pancake recipe yet! Yum!

16 amanda @ fake ginger July 14, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Holy cow! Seriously?! This is the best idea ever! And so gorgeous!

17 Sharon August 28, 2012 at 2:57 pm

i had a version of ths at Denny’s on the eastcoast and now i live in the south and i am dying to make some or find a Denny’s to eat them

Welcome! Thanks for visiting...I would love to hear from you!

Previous post: