S’more Pancakes

I want to swim in this marshmallow syrup. Also, I have all the ingredients for these lovely pancakes. Can’t wait to try them! Steph from Steph’s Bite by Bite created these lovelies.  You all might remember Steph from her “a day in the life” feature here not too long ago. She’s fun, energetic and a super creative cook and blogger. I honestly don’t know how she does it all! Training for a marathon, working full-time, keeping up her blog?!? Girl is a superwoman. I can barely do ONE of those things!

We saw some of Steph’s great content with her “a day in the life” feature, but here’s more (I had a hard time choosing! So many fun recipes.):

Crazy Funfetti Popsicles

Balsamic Cognac Slow Cooker Baked Beans

Grilled Apple Pie Breakfast Stack

Artichoke Stuffed Shells

~~~~~~~~~~

This is the best little party I’ve ever been a part of! I mean pancakes for a whole month?!! This is the life.

I’m not gonna lie though, it took me a while to figure out what I was gonna make for this carb loading party. And then it hit me. Like a tons of bricks. Marshmallow fluff. I wanted melty marshmallow fluff to top my pancakes!

And you know marshmallows means S’mores!

Aren’t you excited?!

Ok. So. Let me explain how this works.

Crumbled graham crackers go in to pancake batter.

Pancake batter gets poured in to a h-o-t skillet…and topped with chocolate chips! (!!!!)

Then the graham cracker, chocolate chip studded, pancakes get stacked high, like HIGH! You can’t eat pancakes without them being piled high!

Then da-rench the stack in marshmallow syrup.

Is this not the best way to have breakfast every day?

S’more Pancakes
makes enough for 4

¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
1 ¼ cup fat free milk
½ cup chocolate chips

In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, then add in the egg, applesauce, and milk. Whisk to combine ingredients.

Heat a skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray, then pour about a ¼ cup of batter in to the skillet. Add a few chocolate chips to the top. Cook the pancake until top start to form bubbles and the bubbles break (about 3 minutes). Flip pancake and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the pancake from the skillet and place on a cooling rack and continue with the rest of the pancake batter. (You can set your oven to the lowest temp and keep the cooked pancakes in there to stay warm while you finish the rest).

Marshmallow syrup

¾ cups marshmallow fluff
1 tablespoon boiling water

Combine the hot water and the marshmallow fluff, whisking until mixture is smooth and looks like syrup. I like my syrup a little thick, but if it’s too thick you can add a little more water to it.

Stack pancakes high and pour on that syrup. Get out a fork and CHOW!

~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder if I can talk my husband into making these for me this weekend?

You can find Steph on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Remember to follow along with all the pancakes this month, just click on the picture below.

25 Responses to “S’more Pancakes”

1. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — July 12, 2012 at 5:54 am

These look just fabulous!

2. DessertForTwo — July 12, 2012 at 7:50 am

Whoa! Warm oozing marshmallow syrup???!!! Sign.me.up.

3. Kathryn — July 12, 2012 at 8:12 am

Um, these pancakes look INCREDIBLE!

4. Julia — July 12, 2012 at 8:13 am

Melty marshmallow fluff on pancakes, I’m down!

5. Makenzie @SusieFreakingHomemaker — July 12, 2012 at 8:26 am

Ok – I have been seeing these pancake recipes for days and I just cannot get over the creativity!! I’m so proud that people are coming up with such a variety!! My classic betty crockers with granola would never fit the bill! :-)

6. Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — July 12, 2012 at 8:40 am

I wonder if there’s a pancake diet. Y’know, like the grapefruit diet?? I think this would be my #1 choice. :)

7. Kristina — July 12, 2012 at 9:50 am

Stopping by from Steph’s site :) These pancakes look incredible!! Marshmallow fluff syrup is genius.. and dangerous, yumm!!

8. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — July 12, 2012 at 10:12 am

Come make me breakfast, please? We can play on my slip ‘n slide too

9. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — July 12, 2012 at 10:37 am

Wow, now that is some syrup!

10. Stephanie — July 12, 2012 at 11:06 am

I need these in my life…immediately!

11. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — July 12, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I love s’mores! It would be great to have them for breakfast!

12. Angela @ The Dancer Bakes — July 12, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Oh goodness…there are very few things that make me stop in my tracks, and anything S’mores falls into that category! I need to have a pancake party of my own soon!

13. Daisy@Nevertoosweet — July 12, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Hi Rachel :) not sure if it’s my first time here ~ But you have an amazing blog and hahaha I love all these pancake recipes you are sharing! I’m going through a pancake and crepe phase again LOL

SIGHHH I would totally make these…if only IF i could find Graham crackers here in Australia :(

14. Julie @ Table for Two — July 12, 2012 at 7:33 pm

oh so she was the one who took my pancake idea!! haha jk jk..i loved the way my turned out so no hard feelings :) these look delicious and so awesome with that melted marshmallow fluff on top!!

• Rachel — July 12th, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

Haha! Yup, it was her! ;) Your pancakes are so amazing though!

15. amanda @ fake ginger — July 12, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I love the syrup!

16. Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — July 13, 2012 at 8:12 am

With the graham crackers and applesauce we might say they´re healthy and eat them all day long! Fantastic pancakes.

17. Jeffrey — July 13, 2012 at 12:22 pm

These are a reminder that I have to get the fire pit finished and wood ready for the fall. We love s’mores at our house and are always trying new recipes and twists. These pancakes look like fun.

18. michelle — July 14, 2012 at 12:09 am

oh my wow.

19. Emily @ Life on Food — July 15, 2012 at 11:38 am

Yum, yum, yum. I am licking my finger tips already.

20. Allison — July 20, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Yum, these look amazing! Just wondering – what is the apple sauce for? Can it be skipped?

• Rachel — July 20th, 2012 @ 9:35 pm

Hi Allison–I didn’t write this recipe, Steph did, but I think the applesauce is a substitute for oil, so if you were going to leave it out, I would replace it with an equal amount of oil or melted butter.

1. Pingback: S’mores pancakes! | Cookin'.... and Motherin'!

2. Pingback: More Than a S’more {Easy Oven-Broiled S’mores + 104 S’more Variations!} | Food Your Way

3. Pingback: More Than a S’more {Easy Oven-Broiled S’mores + 104 S’more Variations!}