Today’s “a day in the life” is the gorgeous Steph of Steph’s Bite by Bite. If you’re new to her blog, it is a fun mix of food, life, and fitness. All captured in beautiful pictures! I can’t wait to try some of her recipes, including her breakfast margaritas (!), lime poppy-seed doughnuts, and apple and squash pizza.
Tell me about yourself and how you started food blogging.
Food has always been a passion of mine. Like…always…of course, baking chocolate chip cookies with my mama is one of my earliest kitchen memories. As an adult I’ve become obsessed with building my kitchen “portfolio” and am always trying new things (the Hubby hates this because it’s very rare that I ever make the same thing again…LOL life of a food blogger). So, one day while searching for a new recipe I stumbled upon Joy the Baker and I was instantly sucked in to the food blogging world.
Take me through your day.
- 4:45 wake up and let the pets out, make a cup of tea
- 5:15 check emails, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- 5:30 type up blog post (if I didn’t do it the night before…which usually is the case)
- 6:10 4 mile run or 45 minute workout
- 7:00 shower and get ready for work
- 7:40 make breakfast, pack lunch, check more emails
- 8:00 off to work
- While at work I do bad things, I comment on blogs, I tweet, I post on facebook, I scan pinterest, I menu plan…bad, bad, BAD
- 5:30 get off work, head home
- 6:00 take Baxter for a walk
- 6:40 cook dinner, take any blog photos
- 7:30 eat dinner, chat with hubby, watch a little TV
- 8:15 edit blog photos
- 9:00 scan pinterest
- 9:30 go lay down in bed and get ready to do it all again
What is your one must-have kitchen tool or gadget?
My garlic press. I HATE chopping garlic.
What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
Saturday! Because I don’t have to go to work, and I still have tomorrow off
If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go and how long would you stay?
Costa Rica! I went there for my honeymoon and did not want to leave. The Hubby and I are considering selling everything and opening up an ice cream shop there (I’d sell doughnuts on the side too).
What recipe on your blog are you most proud of?
My Banana Peanut Butter Cups because they were the most incredible little snack treat I’ve ever made. Like EVER.
What recipe on your blog do your readers seem to love most?
What have you found to be the most challenging part of blogging?
Finding the time to keep up with it all! Blogging is seriously a full time job. Between creating recipes, photographing, blogging, keeping up with ALL the social media outlets, reading other blogs, commenting on blogs, and photo editing, it gets a little overwhelming sometimes. I actually spend more hours working on my blog than I actually do at my full time job.
Do you have any advice for someone who is interested in cooking or food blogging?
Share your passion with your readers! Passion draws people in and will keep you excited about blogging.
Who would you like to see featured here in the future?
I can’t believe the energy some people have! What an early bird Steph is! It is inspiring…but I think I’ll still sleep in until 6:30 pleaseandthankyou.
Thanks for letting me pick your brain Steph!