Spinach Dip {Guest Post}

I have another terrific guest post to share with you! Jessie from Living Mostly Meatless doesn’t know it…but spinach dip is one of my ALL TIME favorite things. Loving this lightened-up version she created. Thanks for helping out, Jessie!

Psst…you can also find Jessie on Twitter and Facebook.

____________________________________________

Hey ya’ll. I’m Jessie from Living Mostly Meatless and I’m happy to be here to help Rachel today.

Today I’m bringing you Spinach Dip. I grew up in Michigan on a lake so whenever I get a little bit of a dose of Vitamin D I crave spinach dip- because that was always our “boat snack.” So last week when it was almost 60 degrees in Chicago and I went for a really long walk, that craving kicked in. I went to make it and after looking at the ingredients I knew that there was no way I could feel good about serving a giant dish full sour cream and mayonnaise. I started playing around with it and settled on a mixture of Greek Yogurt, lemon juice, and Miracle Whip. Rest assured that it was the favorite dish of our Superbowl Party and no fan complained. I don’t think I could even tell the difference. I hope you enjoy it!

Spinach Dip

1 (10) ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out

1/4 cup of shredded carrots

16 ounces of 2% Greek yogurt

3/4 cup Miracle Whip

1 tsp lemon juice

1 tsp lemon zest

1 package dry onion soup mix

Mix yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and onion soup mix together in a medium bowl. Add carrots, and spinach. Mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with crackers, rye, pumpernickel, or pita bread.

Remember: It always tastes better when you’re on a boat too. Just sayin’. :)

13 Responses to “Spinach Dip {Guest Post}”

1. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — February 8, 2012 at 6:53 am

I love a good spin dip recipe. Who can’t resist?!

2. Judee @ Gluten Free A-Z — February 8, 2012 at 8:22 am

Who doesn’t love a good spinach dip.. I like the addition of grated carrot and the Greek Yogurt. Is the Miracle Whip less fat and calories that Mayo? I’ve never used it.. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks

3. the wicked noodle — February 8, 2012 at 8:34 am

I just posted a hot spinach dip the other day and I was thinking that I really need to make a “cold” one! LOVE that you use greek yogurt in yours.

I grew up in WI – just next door to you :-)

4. Claire @ Claire K Creations — February 8, 2012 at 10:11 am

That sounds delicious. Is there something I could use instead of miracle whip? We don’t get that in Australia.

5. Karriann — February 8, 2012 at 10:22 am

I gotta give this a try :)

“Spice it Up”

6. Jessie — February 8, 2012 at 11:27 am

You could sub regular mayonnaise Claire. Thanks for the comments!

7. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — February 8, 2012 at 12:58 pm

My husband would love this!

8. Veronica — February 8, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Mouth is watering! I love that you use Miracle Whip too-bless you! :)

9. Jennifer | Mother Thyme — February 8, 2012 at 3:49 pm

This is a great recipe! I love the use of yogurt combined with the miracle whip. I bet it is delicious!

10. Jessie — February 8, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Thanks ladies!

11. Mira — March 4, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Miracle Whip is nasty! Why would you ruin a good recipe with that slop?

• Rachel — March 5th, 2012 @ 8:50 am

Miracle Whip is strange, it seems to be one of those things that people either love or hate! This is Jessie’s recipe, not mine, but I’m sure it would be great with mayo instead of Miracle Whip if you’re not a fan.

12. Jessie — March 6, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Lol Mira! You know what’s funny? I hate mayo. Absolutely hate. Loathe. Will not eat anything it touches. Same with ketchup. I know, I’m an oddball. I would like to agree w/Rachel and say that it will be good if you sub it, but I would never try it. You hopefully would like it better though. ;)