Easy {Holiday} Cookies and Cream Fudge

I’m sure you’re knee-deep in flour, sugar and chocolate baking all sorts of goodies for the season.

Maybe a new party just popped up and you need a quick and easy treat to bring.

Look no further! No thermometers involved in making this fudge. It is easy. E-A-S-Y.

I found these great Oreos and bought them, knowing that I would bake with them–just not knowing what I would bake with them. But how could I pass them up? You could easily make this with regular Oreos too, for a more classic look.

Then I saw an easy white chocolate fudge on Averie’s site…which I love, and saw that she adapted it from Amanda’s site…which I also love. So pretty much it was meant to be. The red filling mixed in with the fudge and made this so extremely festive. I just love it! Tastes great too!

Easy Holiday Cookies and Cream Fudge
adapted from Love Veggies and Yoga and Fake Ginger

2 1/2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
one 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
3 cups winter Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Line a 8 or 9-inch square pan with parchment paper or foil.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt 2 1/4 cups of the white chocolate chips (reserve 1/4 cup) with the sweetened condensed milk. Stir frequently to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.
3. Once the chips are melted and the mixture is combined, stir in the vanilla extract. Add the chopped Oreos and stir until combined.
4. Spread into your lined pan and sprinkle with reserved white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Press them in lightly so they will stick.
5. Stick the fudge in the freezer for two hours or more until it is fully firmed up. Slice (might want to make them small–they are rich!) and serve at room temperature. Store in fridge or freezer.

Verdict: Delicious! I’m storing these in the freezer to send to work my husband for a Christmas party, but I might have eaten a couple.
Husband’s take: “I could live on that stuff.” He says that a lot.
Changes I would make: None! It would be fun to play with different colored Oreos as they appear during the year though!
Difficulty: Easy. Duh….have you been listening?

What is your favorite kind of fudge?

33 Responses to “Easy {Holiday} Cookies and Cream Fudge”

1. Jessica / Green Skies and Sugar Trips — December 12, 2011 at 5:53 am

Oh wow, this looks awesome!!

And seriously easy, I HAVE to make this for Christmas :-)

2. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 12, 2011 at 6:28 am

This is brilliant! Love this idea :)

3. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — December 12, 2011 at 6:42 am

I am so glad you made this! I think it was a perfect way to put those Oreos to use :)

Thanks for the mention and this was the first post I opened up this morning and I was so happy to see it!

4. Blog is the New Black — December 12, 2011 at 6:53 am

Fun and delish!

5. Julie @ Table for Two — December 12, 2011 at 7:46 am

I love the bokeh on the last photo :) :) so pretty!!

6. Mackenzie — December 12, 2011 at 7:50 am

I love this idea!! I have a serious problem with oreos – I can’t stop eating them! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lit up christmas tree in the background – adorable!

7. Alexis @ There She Goes — December 12, 2011 at 9:24 am

i think this could be my new favorite kind of fudge! gah! this has got my sweet tooth kicking right now :)

8. jackie @ marin mama cooks — December 12, 2011 at 9:32 am

These look festive and fun and oh so colorful. These might be good with mint flavored Oreos? I think they make a mint flavored one! I know Newman’s Own does!

Jackie

9. Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — December 12, 2011 at 9:34 am

Yay for no-candy-thermometer-needed fudge! This looks delicious–love the color from the holiday Oreos. :) And cookies and cream fudge actually is my favorite variety! So perfect.

10. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme — December 12, 2011 at 10:12 am

Oh I am sooooo making this! I wanted to make a few more fudge recipes for Chrismtas and this is going to be one of them. I saw these yummy cookies at the store and now I’ll have to grab a bag because this looks delicious!

11. Laura — December 12, 2011 at 12:17 pm

These look like so much fun!

12. amanda @ fake ginger — December 12, 2011 at 12:24 pm

I love that it’s red! I need to get my hands on some of those Oreos so I can make it again!

13. Suzi — December 12, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Oh my gosh, these are unbelievably yummy looking. Is that a cherry filling in the oreos? I bet these are delicious.

14. Geni — December 12, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I am going to a party next weekend. These would be so festive to bring. Love how easy it is!

15. Kitchen Belleicious — December 12, 2011 at 1:47 pm

yeah not only do i love the recipe and so glsd you shared it but i am loving the new oreos and my oreo obsessed son will love this red color. must get now!

16. Dana — December 12, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Wow! So easy, so festive, and so delicious sounding! These are perfect!

17. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — December 12, 2011 at 3:02 pm

yumyumyum!!

18. vianney — December 12, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Yum!! Loving you blog, any recipe that adds festive oreos is on my to make list!! love them!!

19. Erika - The Teenage Taste — December 12, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I’m a sucker for anything made with Oreos! These would make the perfect holiday treat! :-D

20. Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — December 12, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I’m all about the fudge this year. I’m waiting to make chocolate chip cookie dough fudge!

21. Nancy — December 12, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I think I will make this for our cookie exchange with your mother- don’t tell! She’ll think I came up with the idea :)

22. Baker Street — December 12, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Yummm! What a lovely idea! These look sooo delicious.

23. Tracey — December 12, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I meant to make this when Amanda posted it, and completely forgot. Thanks for the reminder, I love your variation!

24. Claire @ Claire K Creations — December 12, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Ooh how festive. I don’t think they’ll be selling those down here in Australia but I guess I could add a little red food colouring. Maybe a marbled effect would be nice. Yum!

25. Blackbookkitchendiaries — December 13, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I am loving this already. They look wonderful:) thank you for sharing.

26. Sammie — December 14, 2011 at 1:32 am

What a brilliant idea! Easy and delish!! Perfect for x’mas!

27. Sanjeeta kk — December 14, 2011 at 7:59 am

Awwee..this looks like a perfect festive fudge, Rachael!

28. Mom — December 14, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Love your photos! I have to say that when you mentioned these, they didn’t sound that good to me. You know me, not much of a sweet tooth. When I saw your finished product, though, I’m sure I wouldn’t have been able to resist a nibble. Or maybe two nibbles. Maybe you’ll still have a couple in the freezer when we come to visit :)

29. CulinarilyCourtney — December 27, 2011 at 10:41 pm

What a great recipe! I made Chocolate Mint Candy Cane Fudge earlier this month that had a pretty much identical base to this fudge. It is so nice (and so bad, for my waistline anyway haha) that fudge like this is so easy to make! First time on your site, and I really love it :)

• Rachel — December 28th, 2011 @ 11:29 am

Thank you! That mint fudge sounds amazing!

1. Pingback: Her Saturday Night Date! « Her View From Home